Morton Arboretum - Fall Color 5k - Race Report

A nice 4 week train up after the Alumni XC race turned in to a nice race at the Morton Arboretum - Fall Color 5k. It's been 2 years since I did this race last and it appears that actually training is working out well as my time improved nearly 2 minutes from last time.

At the start I may have been a bit too humble, the first mile was spent weaving around some other runners. The second mile went pretty smoothly even with a hill thrown in it was only 6 seconds of the first split. Mile three was spent in a back-and-forth battle for position, I ended up using the last .1 mile to make sure I won that battle. I was pretty happy with my 19:09 finish, that is until I realized I was 11th overall and 4th in the age group. I know I seem crazy for being a little down about the placing. I just wish I had known that 6 seconds faster would move me up in both categories. It's been so long since I've even had the chance to finish Top 10 in a race.

We had a great crew out for the race.

Race Crew, Course Profile, and Course Map

Bring on the training 6 weeks until Turkey Trot Day.

Happy running!
Sam

Popular posts from this blog

ASC Alumni XC Race

Turkey Trot Time